Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stowmarket Striders Half Marathon 28th March 2010

Share
I really have a focus to base my training on now. I have gone and done it and entered a race for the first time since June 2009.

I have entered the Joe Cox Half Marathon at Stowmarket Suffolk.  This year the race course is a new one with a new venue at Buxhall near Stowmarket. I did last years race when I was feeling fairly fit and did a 1.45. 39 time I think. I doubt even with a successful 11 training programme that I will get close to this time because I don't have a solid base of regular running behind me.


The main thing for me is to finish with confidence and get familar with road racing again. Even if I run it as a training run it is the taking part and the experience of the event that counts.

Photos from last years race at Stowmarket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark