Wednesday, May 10, 2006

West Suffolk Athletics track Bury St Edmunds Suffolk

Share
6pm 6miles in 48 minutes

Week to date mileage 11.3

Month to date mileage 46

Average weekly rate 31.5

Average Monthly rate 137

Year to Date 585

Life time 8363

I finally managed to get back to the track after an absence of a month and boy did I notice it! Tonights session consisted of 2 sets of 3 x 2.5 minutes at about 5k pace with a 1 min recovery inbetween followed by 2 x 300 metres at 1500 metre pace with a 15 second recovery.

As per usual the objective was to try and be consistent throughout the two sets and to finish at aproximately the same place on the track. I failed on this tonight. I was consistent for the 2.5 minute intervals at least for the first 5 of these but the final one I know I was about 10 metres adrift of my finishing point.

As for the 300 metres I really struggled as I don't feel I have a 1500 metre pace! I ran the first two of these in 66 seconds but then slipped on the 2nd set to 71 and 74 seconds.

It was great conditions for the track being warm but my lack of regular attendance at the track really showed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark