Sunday, May 07, 2006

High Green Suffolk

Share
12.15pm 9.5 miles in 1 hour 17 minutes 5 seconds

Week to date mileage 35

Month to date mileage 35

Average weekly rate 31.6

Average Monthly rate 137

Year to Date 574

Life time 8352

The first decent rain I can recall this year set in from about mid day Saturday and continued all night and this morning. I waited and waited and the rain abetted a little by 12 so I set of for Whepstead along the B1066 of the Horringer Road.

It was actually rather enjoyable to run in the light rain and at times the road was nothing short of a river as the rain ran off the fields. In fact I did a u turn somewhere near Sharps Lane as the road was flooded and I didn't fancy wading through so early in my run.

Instead I took the Horsecroft Road and at one point I decided to run across the pathway across the fields but quickly gave this up as it was like a paddy field. Back on the road I headed left at Park Lane to High Green. High Green is nothing more than a few almshouses and a few nice thatched farm houses. I returned to Nowton via Breckley Ley and back through town and home.

An enjoyable run no photos though as it was just too wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark