Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Horringer Farm and Newmarket Road

Share
5.10pm 6 miles in 48 minutes 53 seconds

Week to date mileage 6

Month to date mileage 136

Average weekly rate 31.5

Average Monthly rate 137

Year to Date 676

Life time 8454

I set of for a run this evening with no real plan or direction. I initially set of along Newmarket Road and then decided to head of road. Sometimes the River Linnett is down to a trickle and is easily hopped over in places near Horringer Farm. Today after much rain the river was a bit more tricky. Although still easily hopped over with just the minor inconvience of two wet feet, climbing the wet river banks was much more hazardous so as to avoid slipping back in the river and avoid the massed stinging nettles.

However crossing the river was accomplished despite the nearby dog walker's encouragement ' You don't want to do that' he said. I said don't worry I do this all the time. I don't know why I said this as I have never done this before.

After this the weather turned to heavy showers and I got a good soaking and the wind picked up so that I felt I had been inside a washing and drying machine backwards.

Enjoyable run I must remember to cross the river more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark