Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Eastgate- Bury St Edmunds

Share

8am 5 miles in 41 minutes 31 seconds

Week to date mileage 5

Month to date mileage 12.6

Average weekly rate 31.7

Average Monthly rate 138

Year to Date 552

Life time 8330

I returned again to East gate Street this morning. I was trying to work out precisely where my great grandfather used to live. From Ancestory Uk I worked out that this was at 130 Eastgate Street and my great great grandfather would have lived at 123 Eastgate Street at the time of the 1841 census. Neither property is still there. 123 Eastgate would have been demolished presumably to widen the road that leads up to the Vinefields and 130 is where there is now a elderly sheltered block of flats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark