Wednesday, February 08, 2006

West Suffolk Athletics Track Bury St Edmunds Suffolk

Share
6.20pm 6.4 miles in 50 minutes 01 seconds.

Week to date mileage 12.4

Month to date mileage 41

Average weekly rate 33.5

Average Monthly rate 146

Weather: Cool

I ran down to the track tonight which is only about a mile away. I warmed up with a further 4 laps and then we were into a fairly short interval session which was to be run at faster than race pace. That's an extra gear which I don't feel I exactly have as I just haven't down much interval work in the pace and I have never been quick.

we started with 4 intervals of 2.30 minutes with a minute recovery inbetween. After a 5 minute recovery a further 3 intervals of 2.30 with a 45 second recovery inbetween and then finally a further 2 intervals of 2.30 with 30 seconds recovery inbetween.

the objective was to be consistent with all the runs arriving at a certain part of the track each time . The trick being to avoid running quicker on the first few intervals than the last ones.

I think I generally succeeded in this running most of my 400's in 1.40-45 which is faster than my race pace as I think this equates to 7 minute miling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark