Saturday, February 04, 2006

Howard Estate & Bury Golf Course Bury St Edmunds Suffolk

Share
10am 7.2 miles in 57 minutes 8 seconds.

Week to date mileage 24

Month to date mileage 24

Average weekly rate 33.9

Average Monthly rate 147

Weather: Cold and grey

Course - I ran from the County Upper School and decided not to follow any particularly course. I ended up running through the
Howard Estate to places I am never been before. There is a small wood fenced to one side by the A14 and the other by Bury golf course. It was a dingy place full of litter and not a place I shall return to again.

I decided to head toward Fornham via the Bury Golf Course. There is a right of way which runs beside the river. However you do have to be mindful of the golfballs. Golfers have to play a shot over the river and of course try to avoid anyone on the right of way.

You do feel a bit vulnerable and as if you are trespassing on the golf course though of course this is a clear right of way. The weeping willows and the old bridges along here are worth seeing.

All in all a strange run where I didn't have a course to follow and as a result the run lacked purpose. However I did visit one or two place I have never been before

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark