Friday, February 03, 2006

Ickworth Park Mordaboys Wood Suffolk

Share
10am 11 miles in 1 hour 28 minutes.

Week to date mileage 16.4

Month to date mileage 16.4

Average weekly rate 33.4

Average Monthly rate 145

Weather: Cold and grey

This was an out and back run of 45 minutes each way through Ickworth Park to Mordaboys Wood. At the end of my run I reached a lovely white house not far from Little Horringer Hall.

The route through Ickworth Park follows the River Linnet which is no more than a trickle at the moment as water levels look very low.

The sheep were plentiful and were willing to pose for a photo.
On this path I saw another two routes I can explore another day. It looks possible to continue beyond Mordaboys Wood out to Westley Village and to make this a circular run.

I could also have cut back through Twist Wood however signs warned of Roe Deer culling so I will give that a miss for a while.

today's long run wasn't planned at the start of the week but it has helped me catch up with my mileage for the week but isn't great preparation for Lakenheath 5 on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark