Friday, February 24, 2006

Horringer School /West Suffolk Hospital /Cullum Rd & Newmarket Rd

Share
5.30 pm 5.4 miles in 42 minutes 33 seconds.

Week to date mileage 17

Month to date mileage 96

Average weekly rate 30.7

Average Monthly rate 134

Lifetime mileage 8020

Weather: dry, breezy and cold.

A quick run before dashing of to Cineworld to watch The Fog. It was enjoyable to actually run in the evening in at least twilight. I run a familiar winter route over a circular route around Horringer School,Hospital Road, Cullum Road, Newmarket Road and home.

I am still struggling with my running as my lower back injury seems to have now switched to my neck now. Perhaps I need to get new shoes or it is the cold which is making me tense up in the cold wind but I irrationally put it down to being February my least popular month of the year!

My time compared to recent runs on this course was pretty darn average.

16 Feb 44.0
10 Feb 41.50
2 Feb 42.38
17 Jan 42.50
10 Jan 42.52
1 jan 41.45
14 Dec 42.47

As for the film The Fog this was also pretty darn average. The plot centers around a quiet seaside town which is engulfed by a thick fog one century after a boat sunk just off the coast under mysterious circumstances. There is no great acting in the film but if you like suspense, thriller type films you might get something out of it.

Of course the film is a remake and I have never seen the original but from all the comments on the IMDb website it looks like the original was far better. I would give it 3 out of 10.

I recently spent a bit of time trying to find all my running diaries. Unfortunately I have lost some records particularly those I recorded on computer which were not backed up. From my paper records that I could find I am now able to say how far I have run in total which can be proved. Including today's run it totals 8020. I also have notes showing that I lost various records which I reckons total another 1500 miles but I can't prove it so I am dismissing those. At least I have another useless statistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark