Wednesday, February 22, 2006

West Suffolk Athletics Track Bury St Edmunds

Share
6.15pm 6.6 miles in 53.26 minutes.

Week to date mileage 12

Month to date mileage 91

Average weekly rate 31.2

Average Monthly rate 136

Weather: dry, breezy and cold.

Tonight I attended the St Edmunds Pacers track session at the West Suffolk Athletics Track. It was bitterly cold. I was feeling fine until I had a large cold drink before I left for my run. For some reason I couldn't seem to digest the drink and this sat on my stomach so I felt bloated with trapped air in my stomach.

This made the run a bit of a survival exercise. I kept thinking the pain would go away. I suppose I know what it feels like to be a baby again but there was no one to give me a pat on the back . Anyone I was please to run an anything is bearable compared to the back problems of the last few days.

The interval session consisted of two sets of 3 x 5 minutes runs with 90 seconds recovery inbetween. I ran a mile to the track and back and warmed up with 4 laps. I struggled to maintain consistency and got progessively slower in the 2nd set of intervals casting fresh doubts over whether I will be able to run the Bury 10 on Sunday. I am still planning to do so but it may be more of a training run just to get round the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark