Sunday, December 11, 2005

Horsecroft Hawstead & Norton Circular Run

Share

























9am 11 miles in 1 hour 28 minutes .

Year to date mileage 1253

Month to date 57 miles

Average miles per month 110

Average weekly rate 25.4

Week to date 17

Weather: Damp and foggy.

My fourth consecutive day of running. I decided to run out on the road to Hawstead. Unfortunately it was very foggy and visibility was poor so I couldn't get many clear photos.

Hawstead is a lovely village I particular like these almshouses built by Phillip Metcalfe in 1811 for the aged and deserving as it says on the plaque.

I returned to Bury via Norton and Nowton and went through the graveyard next to St Edmundsbury Cathedral. There are some interesting memorial stones here I particularly like the one I have included here.It reads

Here lies interred the body of Mary Haselton
A young maiden of this town
Born of Roman Catholic parents and virtuously brought up
Who being in the Act of prayer repeating her vespers
was instantaneously killed by a flash of lightening
August the 16th 1786 Aged Nine years old

I ran through Bury Fayre which was doing a great trade this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark