Sunday, December 04, 2005

Ickworth Park Suffolk

Share


















10am 12 miles in 1 hour 37 minutes 30 seconds .

Year to date mileage 1215

Month to date 18 miles

Average miles per month 109

Average weekly rate 25.2

Weather: Dry, sunny.

My longest run of the year was in Ickworth Park. Conditions were perfect, winter sunshine. It was busy at Ickworth Park as the new refurbished West Wing of the house opened yesterday.

My usual run around Ickworth Park was blocked by a new sheep electric fence. I was forced to double back on myself although I did think for a second about leaping over to carry on.

My intention is to continue with similar long runs throughout winter. I am half thinking of running the Bury 20 in February and will need to build up the mileage and long runs if I am to have any chance of doing this race.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:45 pm

    Hi
    Don't half think about the Bury 20 get your entry in. It's an excellent race for a very good cause (muscular dystropry). The course is very scenic and on your doorstep. There is nothing like having a target to focus on. Will look out for your entry going in.

    Bury 20 course director!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now I have no excuse! Thanks you are of course right as long as I have a good injury free preparation then I hope to be there.

    I have run the Bury 20 before back on the 23rd february 1986 as prep for the London Marathon. As I recall the course started at the Sports Centre and finished there and went through places like Risby and Barrow.

    However I gave up running for many years and I haven't run further than 10 miles in a race for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark