Friday, December 16, 2005

Moreton Hall to Gt Barton Suffolk

Share

















9.30am 7 miles in 58 minutes 56 seconds.

Year to date mileage 1270

Month to date 73 miles

Average miles per month 110

Average weekly rate 25.4

Week to date 34

Weather Mild windy and overcast.

I ran this morning from the car park at Matalan in Moreton Hall out to Gt Barton on the busy Bury Road. Heavy clouds threatened a downpour but it never happened because of a good breeze.


As far as the mileage goes 34 miles this week represents the most I have run since the beginning of November. I got in five runs which is what I like to do with 2 rest days.

I took a photo of I think of a cat on a roof at Gt Barton , it looks as if it has just had a fright. Maybe it is a good luck charm to ward off witches. It reminds me a little of the victims that the White Witch of Narnia chooses to freeze.

1 comment:

  1. I like the cat on the roof. I'd be interested to know if it does signify somthing in the local culture, or if in this case it's just a decoration (knock on the door and ask next time?!)

    I know it used to be a custom to wall cats up in chimneys when houses were built in Suffolk to protect against witches - I've seen the ones in Moyses and in the Nutshell pub.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark