Wednesday, December 21, 2005

West Suffolk Athletics Track Bury St Edmunds

Share
6.20pm 7.5 miles in I hour

Year to date mileage 1296

Month to date 99 miles

Average miles per month 111

Average weekly rate 25.5

Week to date 26

Tonight I ran an interval session down at the west Suffolk Athletics Track. There was a good turn of club members from St Edmunds Pacers for the final track session until the new year.

I decided to run down to the track which is a mile and as I was early I managed to get 5 laps in before we started the intervals. The session consisted of 3 blocks of 4 x 3minutes with a minute recovery inbetween each 3 minute run and 5 minutes between the block.

All in all this was 36 minutes of track running. It was intended that we run theintervals at slightly faster than race pace. I think I generally run most of the intervals at a speed of 1.45 per 400 metres which I assume is 7 minute mile pace?

The big squeeze will be on over the next 2 weeks as we runners try to somehow balance family life with a desire to also maintain a decent level of fitness and get the mileage in. The stress can come if you try to do everything and I for one won't worry if I miss the odd session after all there is plenty of time in the new year.

This week in preparing for Christmas we had a little bit of a clear out of the drinks cupboard. Out popped all this bright colourful drinks such as peppermint cordials and orange liquers which have hardly been touched. I think they are drinks that have been given as presents or won in competitions. Anway they have all headed for the bin and I know this is a terrible waste but I think they have lurked in the cupboard for 10 years already and no one ever wants a peppermint cordial drink do they?

On the plus side I did find quite a good selection of whisky ( which I am not throwing out) and again these have tended to be presents or duty free bottles we have bought on the ferry from trips to France.

I have found Old Masters , Lenlivet, Murray McDavid, Islay, Famous Grouse, Old Pulteney,Bowmore, Bells, Glenfiddich, Glen Ord and a bottle of Seagramms.

That lot should keep me going over christmas and might be good reason why I might miss a session or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark