Thursday, December 08, 2005

Horringer & The Abbey Gardens

Share





9.30am10.5 miles in 1 hour 25 minutes 38 seconds .

Year to date mileage 1231

Month to date 34 miles

Average miles per month 109

Average weekly rate 25.2

Weather: Dry weak sunshine.

I decided to run out to Ickworth Park but changed my mind as the section I have to run on road beyond Horringer Farm was too busy with cars.

Instead I double backed on myself and got another surprise. Another bra has appeared in the trees at Horringer Farm this time a bright red one. There was no sign of the previous one which I photographed on Sunday. Very curious obviously bras grow on trees!

I ran up to Hardwick Heath and then down to Bury Rugby Club at the Haberden. Went along by the River Lark and into the Abbey Gardens. If you visit Bury St Edmunds you can walk among the ruins of a once great Benedictine Abbey. One of my photos shows the ruins and beyond St Edmundsbury Cathedral. Bury's cathedral was originally the parish church of St James. Building works were completed this year on the tower. The cathedral dates from 1503 so it has only taken 502 years to complete.

The Abbey Gate with the portcullis dates from the middle of the 14th century. The original gate was destroyed by poor Bury folks in 1327 on an attack on the rich inhabitants of the abbey which resulted in the Abbot being kidnapped.

5 comments:

  1. Nice photos - maybe you're right and Suffolk isn't quite as boring as they say it is (Ipswich Town are, though).

    With all the bras hanging off trees, make sure you're not at the wrong place at the wrong time, or your presence could be ... misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Thomas I know what you mean taking photos of underwear in trees can get you a bad name.

    You are right Ipswich are a poor side this year. But watch out we have some great young lads. Watch out for a player called Billy Clarke from Ireland he is going to be a star in a year or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Abbey Gardens pics. I prefer it at this time of year - it's more atmospheric.

    Another bra!!! And what a nasty colour it is. Come to think of it, the last one was't very tasteful either. Maybe someone's husband bought her a lingerie present she didn't appreciate and she's decided to show him what she thinks of his taste in undergarments?


    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes you wonder what goes on in Horringer. It seems such a quiet place then again the last Marquis of Bristol squandered the family fortune some 35 million I believe on drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, you make me want to visit Suffolk. I can't say I've ever been in my life! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark