Tuesday, December 27, 2005

River Lark & Water Meadows Run Bury St Edmunds

Share

8.15am 7.2 miles in 1 hour 3 mins and 23 seconds

Year to date mileage 1320

Month to date 124 miles

Average miles per month 111

Average weekly rate 25.6

Weather Snow- heavy snow showers.

Course:Head out through the water meadows and then turn left at Bury Rugby Club . Follow the path through No Mans Meadow which is at the back of the Abbey Gardens returning to Southgate Bridge and then returning over the meadows for a 2nd lap.Return home up Southgate Street past the Police Station and through the Abbey Gardens graveyard then through town centre, Risbygate street, Westley road and home. The
snow that had been promised duly arrived this morning.

Very rarely do we get the chance to run in the snow here in Suffolk. as most winters I reckon we only get perhaps at most 5-10 days of snow.

As I set off the snow showers became more heavy and running into the falling snow made visibility difficult. There was a lovely crunching sound as the snow compacted beneath my feet as my shoes landed.




As the going was difficult I found I was running a lot slower. My time for running this course was 3-4 minutes slower than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark