Saturday, December 17, 2005

Fornham Circular Run Suffolk

Share









8.30am 7.5 miles in 59 minutes 29 seconds.

Year to date mileage 1277

Month to date 81 miles

Average miles per month 111

Average weekly rate 25.5

Week to date 7.5

Weather Cold clear blue skies.

Mind numbingly cold this morning. Gloves, hat and two layers of clothing kept out the cold and towards the end of the run I felt well and truly glowingly warm. I bought some second hand players sweatshirts whilst at Portman Road for a fiver and they have turned out to be quite a good investment. I must admit I wasn't sure about them as they looked a bit heavy but if they are designed for football players running around then they are good enough for me.They certainly seem to wick away any sweat so they have the same properties as the designer running gear which can set you back a lot of money.

I have just finished reading two books.

'Passion is a fashion The real storey of the Clash ' by Pat Gilbert. This was a bargain basement book, cost I think was £2.99 from HMV. A good read if you are in anyway interested in the Clash. It brought back a lot of memories for me of the late seventies and early eighties when I was living in London. The Clash based themselves in Camden and many people will have shopped at Camden Market whererehearsallrehearsall Studios used to be.

This was a time when unemployment was very high, the fascist National Front regularly held marches and you could easily get beaten up for wearing the wrong clothes. The Clash played a mixture of punk and reggae songs and so by following them you naturally supported movements such as Rock against Racism.

'Life of Pi by Yann Martel' £7.99 from Ottakers. I am always a bit suspicious when I see on the front cover that a book has won the 'The Booker prize' . I often find these books a bit disappointing however this was a good book and I would certainly recommend it. It would make a really good film. This is the storey of a shipwrecked boy called Pi (shortened from Piscine Patel so as not to get bullied as it sounds like Pissing Patel) who is the only survivor from a cargo ship which sinks in the pacific ocean. The Patel family are emigrating to Canada from India with a cargo of zoo animals that Mr Patel, Pi's father a zoo manager used to manage.This is a storey of survival with a difference as the only survivors on board the lifeboat are Pi , a hyena, a zebra and a tiger.

1 comment:

  1. Well thank you very much Dawn. I noticed you have read the DaVinci code.Like millions of others I have read this, though I haven't tried any of Dan Brown's other novels. Are they as good?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark