Monday, September 19, 2005

Favourite Beer!

Share
River Lark and Water Meadows Run

6pm 7.2 miles in 56.42 Year to date mileage 912

Month to date 106 miles Average miles per month 106

Average weekly rate 24.4

Weather bright and sunny.

Course:Head out through the water meadows and then turn left at Bury Rugby Club . Follow the path through No Mans Meadow which is at the back of the Abbey Gardens returning to Southgate Bridge and then returning over the meadows for a 2nd lap.

Return home up Southgate Street past the Police Station and through the Abbey Gardens graveyard then through town centre and home.Ran this course in a new pb time.


I was generally running this course in 1 hour back in June so I may have improved a little though it was warmer of course.

One of the great things about living in Bury is the smells of the Town. I suppose it brings back memories from childhood. Today they were definitely brewing at Greene King and the lovely malty smell of what I imagined to be Abbot Ale floated on the breeze giving all passers by an intoxicating whiff of one of the great beers of this country.

Send me an e-mail and let me know your favourite beer I would have to say my favourites are

2 comments:

  1. Adnams Broadside has got to be my favourite from that lot, though I'll always be fond of Old Speckled Hen, given the amount of it that my wife & I consumed on honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work for the bloke who named Sneck Lifter Sneck Lifter...

    ...just back from Ipswich Beer Festival too...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark