Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Rushbrooke Rougham and Hessett Suffolk

Share
















2pm 8.4 miles

in 1hour 10min 46 seconds.

Year to date mileage 892

Month to date 83 miles

Average miles per month 106

Average weekly rate 24.3

Weather: Sunny bright blue sky.

Course: From Rushbrooke Home Farm I ran down to Eastlowhill Road which is an old Roman Road and the site of a Tumulus and a roman building. I ran through the woods around Rushbrooke Lake and then on to footpaths over fields which took me to Rougham Green out on to fields over Kingshall Street and along to Nether Street and Hessett. I returned on the same path.

This was a very enjoyable run I think I only saw 3 farmers and a lady on a bike during the whole run. The farmers were using the good dry weather to plough over the corn stubble.

The pictures using my very cheap digital camera less than a megapixel don't do the scenery justice though I hope show the big Suffolk skies. As Suffolk is flat it has always been famed for its big skies and many landscape artists have lived and painted here for this reason.

The photo of the church is that of St Nicholas at Rushbrooke. It is said to be one of the most unusual church interiors in Suffolk. When I first went inside I was surprised to see the seats face inwards a bit like the seats at the houses of parliament.

The thatched houses are seemingly farmworkers houses on the Home Farm. This seems to be a thatched 'model ' farm and also organic. It is a beautiful site and well worth a visit for the peace and quietness.

The photo on the bottom right shows St Nicholas Church in the distance over the fields. If anything this picture captures the very essence of Suffolk for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark