Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Horringer Farm Circular Run

Share

6pm 5.5 miles in 43.12 .

Year to date mileage 848.

Month to date 39 miles

Average miles per month 104

Average weekly rate 23.8

Weather: Dry and sunny


The route takes me along fields near by Horringer Court/School near to great Horringer Hall and then over to Lord Herveys Wood up and down Westley lane and return home through Horringer Court.

The weather was perfect for running and I ran a PB for this course by over a minute. I think I ran the up hill sections better than normal but I was surprised at my time especially as I stopped for a short while. This was because a boxer dog came from no where and I never did see an owner to call it . I wasn't sure whether the dog would be happy if I carried on running and saw me as a threat so I walked for a bit and then ran a bit faster when the dog turned its back.

The fields have had their corn all cut and they now have a green tinge as they are beginning to grass over. There are still plenty of poppies on the field margins and the rowan trees are full of red berries. There would seem to be a bumper crop of blackberries in the hedgerows this year and running has enabled me to find a number of good sites to visit and fill up some big containers of this free fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark