Monday, August 27, 2007

Timworth Suffolk

Share
8.30am 10.2 miles in 1hr 26 mins 8 seconds
Week to date mileage 10 miles
Month to date mileage 120

Average weekly rate 30 miles
Average monthly rate 131
Year to date 1026
Lifetime 10619

After a poor week last wk when I only managed 19 miles and just 3 runs , the bank holiday offered an opportunity to put in a good long run. The weather being warm I set off early for a run out to Timworth.

My run took me along Beetons way , past the Sports centre and the Upper Schools County and Benedict's. After the Tollgate Pub the Thetford Road takes you into Fornham St Martin. Opposite the church is the start of a track known as the drifts. After crossing over the A134 the Farm Drift is a long straight pathway which takes you past Hall Farm and a number of flint cottages and a newly built conference centre.

Eventually there is a sharp left turning slightly uphill past a lake along the Clay Drift. This is good farming country with fields and the sky dominating the view with few houses.
This emerges on the B1106 at Barton Bottom. I took a left and and a first right and headed into the village of Timworth.

I retraced my steps tuning in 44.13 and returning in a quicker time. This is good running mostly off road and as long as you don't mind solitude then this is a recommended route.

2 comments:

  1. What I love about this blog is that I'm not a native of Suffolk at all, being brought up the west country. I now find myself living 5 mins from the athletics track ( and Ruby's house :) ) and getting loads of great ideas of bits of local countryside that I'd like to explore. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James
    Thanks for the comments much appreciated. My better half is also a native of the west country from Barnstaple in Devon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark