Sunday, August 19, 2007

River Lark Bury St Edmunds Suffolk

Share
9am 6.4 miles in 53 mins 10 secs
Week to date mileage 36 miles
Month to date mileage 91

Average weekly rate 30.2 miles
Average monthly rate 131
Year to date 997
Lifetime 10590

I decided on a run around the town centre of Bury St Edmunds. There is always so much to see and after a good week's mileage this was easy work.

My run took me around the Abbey Gardens, I like the height added by the gardener to some of the flower borders. In the early part of the last century when entrance to the Botanical gardens was chargeable I imagine the gardens were more like Kew and some of the photographs give an impression of a jungle with lots of tall plants.

Over the bridge over the River Lark I ran two laps of the circular walk which takes you around No Mans meadow and the Haberden Rugby Club.

Many years ago I worked at the Haberden Service station before self service pumps were in operation. I believe 4 gallons were £5 and folks did ask for a fill up, a fiver's worth or so many gallons. The pumps didn't operate then in litres. I was still at school so this must have been around 1977/78.I can recall my hours on a Sunday were 9am to 7pm on my own with no official break though it could be quiet at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark