Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Alpheton Suffolk

Share
5pm 6 miles in 50 mins
Week to date mileage 6 miles
Month to date mileage 97

Average weekly rate 30.1 miles
Average monthly rate 131
Year to date 1003
Lifetime 10596

Today I reached a personal landmark as I completed 1000 miles for the year. Not up in the league of marathon runners such as Paula Radcliffe who runs around 120-140 miles a week but that is her job!

I chose to run at Alpheton a small village between Bury St Edmunds and Suffolk. Those unfamiliar with the village will recall at least that there is a large bend in the road here and usually a lorry pull in and burger van serving drinks and snacks. It was here I stopped the car and headed off along a track with the church of St Peter and St Paul at Lavenham very prominent in the distance.

The weather was gloomy and autumnal and disappointing for this time of year. My pathway soon ceased when I reached a notice to indicate by approval of the Secretary of State that the pathway had been closed. With no alternative and unsure whether i should ignore i decided I better return to the village.

I then ran along the A134 around the busy bend which isn't a great thing to do but thankfully only a short stretch and then I was heading out along Church Lane to Alpheton Church which like its neighbor at Lavenham is also called St Peter and St Paul. The road ends here at the church and at Alpheton Hall and there are plenty of warnings to the general public to keep out so I continued on a farm path slightly up hill to Alpheton Hall Wood. There is a pathway around the wood but at one end the path continues over a stile with some lively horses. I wimped out of this not wanting to run though a field of horses.

I returned back to Alpheton village and the car which was welcome in the dim light.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark