Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Leavenheath Suffolk

Share









5pm 6 miles in 49mins 07 secs

Week to date mileage 6

Month to date mileage 99

Average weekly rate 30.3

Average Monthly rate 132

Year to Date 1163

Life time 9183

After my last visit to Leavenheath on the 11th of July this year, I have always planned to return to visit the other half of the village which is concentrated around the village pub. I parked up near the Hare and Hounds and decided to run back along the pathway besides the A134 towards Honey Tye.

I turned off along the very straight Plough Lane. The weather was good, September having been an above average month for temperatures. I picked up on a a track leading me through some apple orchards on the left hand side. This was enjoyable even though the ground which was heavily rutted from farm machinery had turned to little lakes with recent overnight rain. The air smelt strongly of apples. Underneath the trees apples were littered in their hundreds giving a lovely warm autumnal pungence scent of cider. I saw nobody in the orchard and I emerged on to the Stoke by Nayland Golf Course near the 16th hole known as the Gainsborough.

I came to a series of lakes where the path seemed to cease and without any clear signs I had no option but to retrace my steps. It was only on looking at the ordanance survey map that it becomes clear that the pathway continues once you reach the other side of the lake and this would have enabled me to have a run a circular run.

However back in Leavenheath I took the Harrow Street path before again picking up a farm track towards Stewards Farm. Having completed my 6 miles I returned to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark