Wednesday, November 16, 2005

West Suffolk Athletics Track Bury St Edmunds

Share
6.15pm 7 miles in54 minutes 27 seconds.

Year to date mileage 1153

Month to date 64 miles

Average miles per month 110

Average weekly rate 25.2

Weather:Cold, dry clear moonlight November night.

Tonights track session if I can remember it was as follows

2 minutes at race pace 3 times with a minute recovery in between. Then 4 x15 second bursts trying to cover as close as possible 100 metres each time.This was followed by another 2 minutes at race pace 3 times with a minute recovery in between. This was one set and we did 3 in total with a 3 minute gap in between sets.

It was one of the hardest interval sets I have done or perhaps I was just tired after Sundays race. With the two minute runs I regularly ran 400 metres in 1.40 and then slowed for the final 20 seconds which I am sure isn't quite the right thing to do. After two sets I was dead on my feet, I think the 15 second burst of sprinting turned my legs to jelly.

I also ran more than normal in the warm up - 6 laps simply to keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark