Friday, November 04, 2005

Beetons Way/Town Centre Circular Run Bury St Edmunds

Share
Beetons Way/Town Centre Circular Run

5.45pm 5.2 miles in 42 minutes 5 seconds

Year to date mileage 1106

Month to date 16 miles

Average miles per month 109

Average weekly rate 25.1

Weather: Dry
This route runs along Risbygate Street and along Beetons Way. I am old enough to remember a lot of this land being part of the Suffolk Regiment Army Barracks. I seem to remember where the current West Suffolk Athletics track is now is where there used to be fields and allotments.

Now there is quite a busy road which runs out to Tollgate past the Upper Schools. From here I run into the Town Centre past the Railway Station and along Northgate Street. Eventually you pass the Town Hall (see photo) and continue on through Town Centre and back along Risbygate Street .

I received my number today for the Scenic Seven at Stowmarket on the 13th of November. As their web site says it is probably the best seven mile race in Suffolk! This will be my second race of the year and the first since I have joined St Edmunds Pacers. Stowmarket Striders have an excellent website and is well worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark