Friday, November 18, 2005

The Monkees

Share
5.30pm 5.5 miles in44 minutes 10 seconds.

Year to date mileage 1158


Month to date 69 miles

Average miles per month 109

Average weekly rate 25.2

Weather:Cold, dry clear moonlight November night.

An easy run tonight around the centre of town along Cullum Rd , Hospital rd, Horringer School past the fish and chip shop packed full of lucky people, up past the new cinema which has opened today in Bury, Risbygate Street and home.

Tonight I listened to the Monkees. Last Train to Clarksville, I Wanna Be Free , I'm a Believer and Daydream Believer. I kinda remember their tv shows from the late 60,s or was it 70's? I don't remember any particular plots or storey lines or what came first the acting or the band? I do seem to recall it was bit like the early Beatles films with lots of running around and being chased by hordes of fans.

I don't think I have ever seen any repeats of the Monkees tv shows perhaps they really dated or were they just bad? Any way I still think they are good fun and Daydream Believer of course is sung at football grounds up and down the country with the words suitable changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark