Monday, November 21, 2005

Bury St Edmunds Town Centre

Share
5.30pm 5.5 miles in 42 minutes 08 seconds.

Year to date mileage 1171

Month to date 82 miles

Average miles per month 110

Average weekly rate 25.2

Weather:Dense fog.

I thought twice about running tonight in the fog as visibility was so poor. I am not sure if running in such conditions is so good for you either. Nevertheless I ran a quick time and feel I have finally recovered from the Scenic Seven.

November is notorious for fog but often at this time of year it is accompanied by mild and wet weather. Often I must admit I interchange the words fog and mist and this is fine, the only difference being the density of the water droplets which are suspended in the air. If the air becomes cooler it can hold less less water vapor and can become super saturated. Some of the water vapor then condenses to form cloud. For the public and the motorist a mist becomes a fog when viability is less than 200 metres.

I would say visibility was down to less than 50 metres tonight and driving wasn't pleasant.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:00 pm

    Where you been? I look forward to your commentary. You missed a very hard training session Wednesday night. 2X3" + 2X15 Sec + 3X2" + 200 metres All Times Three sets. Almost on my knees. Till later.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark