Tuesday, November 08, 2005

My Favourite CD's - 8th in a Series- Jimmy Eat World

Share

Bury St Edmunds Town Centre Run

5.40pm 5.4 miles in43 minutes 13 seconds.

Year to date mileage 1128

Month to date 39 miles

Average miles per month 110

Average weekly rate 25.3

Weather: Mild and dry

Easy run tonight I had to remind myself once or twice to take it slowly as I am in in the Scenic Seven on Sunday at Stowmarket.

I listened to the Jimmy Eat World album Clarity on my mp3. I have to say this is one of my favourite cd's but I have only picked up on this group this year following the Green Day gig at Milton Keynes in the summer. Jimmy Eat World were one of the support bands who I happened to meet and chat to.

This was one of the most memorable days of the year. I will remember the day for the baking heat, arriving really early and sitting around for 6 hours before the start totally exposed to the hot mid day sun drinking pint after pint of water which was readily available from security guards. As I had arrived early I got in the front mosh pit and it was here at the back of this enclosure that I met and chatted to Jimmy Eat World who were watching Green Day play. At the time I didn't really know who they were until my son said you know that is Jim Adkins you just been talking to.

The only other time I have spoken to a band was when I arrived early and helped unload pa equipment for the group 999 at Colchester University and most memorable of all was when I saw the Ramones at Cambridge. I remember seeing the Ramones do a sound check and I don't think Dee Dee was necesarily speaking to me but it felt like it when his amp packed in for some reason and he bawled in my direction 'hey give us a break will ya' in a wonderful New York accent enough to cut anyone down to size.

I know these memories are prettty meaningless but they are the sort of things you never forget. Like the time I met Trevor Brooking before an FAC Semi Final at Villa park and he politely took time out to sign an autograph. I believe this was the day of the Hillsbrough tragedy and I was at the other semi final between Everton and Norwich. Driving home from that midlands that day I thought football was finished and interest in attending games for a while waned.

Any way the Clarity album includes

01. Table For Glasses02. Lucky Denver Mint 03. Your New Aesthetic 04. Believe In What You Want 05. A Sunday 06. Crush 07. 12.23.95
08. Ten 09. Just Watch The Fireworks 10. For Me This Is Heaven 11. Blister 12. Clarity 13. Goodbye Sky Harbor

The Jimmy Eat World website is rather good and worth a visit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark