Thursday, November 17, 2005

My Running Aims Reviewed

Share
Back at the beginning of July I set myself ten running aims

1To keep fit and be able to run.

I have been lucky and been with out injury this year so I have achieved this one so far. In fact I have had no time off work since returning to running.

2. To join a club again.

I recently joined St Edmund Pacers and I would always advise anyone considering running to join a club.

3. To do a race this year.

I hadn't entered a race since February 2004 but I have now done two the Tarpley 10 and the Stowmarket Sriders Scenic 7 . Both were very well organised.

4. To run a 1000 miles this year.

I achieved this on the 9th of October

5.To try and lose half a stone to get to 12.5 stone.

In January I was 13 stone 4lbs. I am currently about 12stone 4lbs I am down a stone so this aim is achieved. It has led me to wearing belts more often!

6. To take my camera with me so I can capture those sights in nature that sometimes runners are lucky to see because only they are daft enough to get up early in the morning whilst most others are still in bed to go for a long run.

Yes I am doing this I am still not that happy with the quality of the camera and would welcome any suggestions for a very light weight digital camera. Now we have the dark nights I could also do with a flash on the camera.

7. To run hills.

No if I am honest ive failed on this one. I merely have it in the back of the mind to do a hill session each week.

8. To continue the track work.

Yes most Wednesdays when I can I am down at the West Suffolk Athletics Track.

9. To aim to get back to under 8 minute miling.

I was a regular 7 minute miler but after such a long lay off getting to 8 minute miling was my target. I have achieved this in the two races I have taken part in the 10 miler was completed in 7.51 average miles and the 7 miler in 7.31 average miles.

10. My tenth and final aim will be to learn more about blogging as I am a total novice and I am not sure what I am doing.

No I still no very little about web sites. Unless it is simple I don't have the time or patience to figure it out.

So all told I think I have achieved eight out of turn. Roll on the new year and another set of targets though I guess the next lot will be a bit harder to achieve.

Anyone else setting targets?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:51 am

    Congrads on your achievements. I started running in Oct 04 being able to only run 200 metres on the track before having to walk. The pacers have been fantactic in their patience with my lack of speed. Getting faster and almost beat a fellow pacer in the scenic 7 but just fell short. He past me on the mile 4 hill and I couldn't catch him. I think its a good idea goal setting. This being my first racing season, next year I'll have targets to shoot at.
    So I'll be making a list of my goals for next year and let you know how I get on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we all make our own personal targets but writing them down and making them public has acted a bit as a spur as has joining the Pacers. I would love to hear how how you get on.

    Thank you for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark