Thursday, November 03, 2005

West Suffolk Athletics Track Bury St Edmunds

Share
6.30pm 6 miles in 46 minutes 24 seconds

Year to date mileage 1101

Month to date 11 miles

Average miles per month 109

Average weekly rate 25.2

Weather: Wet and windy

Warmed up with a mile of the track before tonight's session which was three 5 minute runs at slightly slower than 10k pace then three 4 minute runs at 10k pace and three 3 minute runs at slightly faster than 10k pace. Finally we did a 400 metre sprint of the track.

In between each run we had a minute recovery. I ran the first 5 minute runs quicker than my race pace. I find you get tempted to run slightly quicker because you are on the track, still I was consistent with my times on all the laps. It was a fairly blustery evening and the wind picked up on the bends.

The final 400 metres I have never managed better than 1 minute 30 and I didn't do any better tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark