Thursday, November 24, 2005

Bury St Edmunds Town Centre

Share
5.30pm 5.5 miles in 42 minutes 35 seconds.

Year to date mileage 1177

Month to date 88 miles

Average miles per month 109

Average weekly rate 25.1

Weather:Cool, slight breeze

At the moment I am getting into a rut of running the same course on week day evenings. I have repeated the same course for the last few evenings. This is always a mistake and it can only lead to getting into a rut so different courses are definitely on the agenda for my next outings.

I find I tend to do this because on dark nights it always seems much busier with more cars on the roads and it is easier to run a route you know that you won't have to cross many roads. With late night shopping and the weather being cold every one is trying to get from A to B as quickly as possible and it is a little less safe out there. You definitely need to be seen and to wear some bright clothes. I guess I am guilty of not doing this enough and I will look out for some winter clothing that is reflective.

If you believe the weather forecasters this winter could be a bad one. I would welcome anyone's recommendations on good winter clothing. I am still wearing thermal tops that I purchased some years ago which are Ovett wear. I am not sure if Steve Ovett still has a clothing company I wonder when I bought these?

I should have attended the West Suffolk Athletics track on Wednesday but I wasn't able to because of a prior commitment. Also part of me was thinking that in the week of a race I am not sure if it helps to do a hard track session. I like to take it easy before hand and cut down the number of runs so I might have given the track a miss anyway this week.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:45 pm

    Warm Clothing
    I'm a layers fan myself.
    So three tops in cold weather, vest top, T shirt and sweatshirt, plus a reflective bib
    (hat, gloves, tracksuit bottom).
    Downside - wife complains about the amount of washing I generate!

    Enjoy your blog (now I've found it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers you are not wrong on the washing! It means practically a full load for each run

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark