Sunday, October 01, 2006

Risby Suffolk Circular Run

Share
1.30pm 9.3 miles in 1 hour 16 mins 04 secs

Week to date mileage 37

Month to date mileage 121

Average weekly rate 30.5

Average Monthly rate 133

Year to Date 1194

Life time 9214

I set out with the sky looking a lillte ominous although there was a mixture of sunshine and heavy clouds. I thought I just might get away with it but I was mistaken. Initially I set out to run to Ickworth Park but changed my mind fancying something different. I ran along by the River Linnett to Westley Bottom before coming back up hill on to the main road heading for the Saxhams.

This is a busy road at the best of times so when an opportunity to take a bridleway on the right near Crowswood Cottages presented itself I took it. This is a very quiet path some of it underneath trees but with views of open farmland for miles.

Eventually you come to a place called Warren Lodge and the path requires you to hurdle a fence and this takes you through someones back garden. This I wasn't comfortable with simply not knowing if at any moment a pack of dogs might descend upon me but there was little choice.

At this point the sound of thunder began to rumble and I had to consider what to do carry on in the open or hide under trees. I presumed it safer to continue. I had reached a road which took me over the A14 at Risby arriving at Deer Cottages and I then ran past the antique centre Risby Barn.

At the village green near the war memorial I took a right past the vilage hall and headed back along the road past Hyde Cottages, the crematorium and into Bury running along Newmarket Road and back home. At Newmarket Road the road had becomes torrential and I was absolutley soaked my shirt sticking to me. The roads were flooded and I had to judge the puddles and on coming cars though an extra splash at this stage made no difference.

I never mind running in rain but I was a little concerned by the lightning and thunder but 40 minutes from home I had little choice but to run.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:18 pm

    Very nice photos. Seems a very cool place to run, very quite! Do you take this photos durings your run? Do you take the camera with yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:32 pm

    Hi,
    Can you give a comment in my blog, just to alert me when you answer my question here. Other way I never remember any more of it :( I never installed one the service like cocomment.com with success. Never worked with me!

    By the way, if you want submit your blog to the http://www.listible.com/list/running-blogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi pjdc thanks for your comments. Yes I do take a camera with me and stop whenever I want. So a slimline camera is important to me. Up to know I have run with a fairly lighweight fuji A345 camera but I'm about to switch to a Casio Z70 exilim camera which is much lighter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark