Saturday, October 14, 2006

Ickworth Park Adkins Wood Suffolk

Share


8am 10.2 miles in 1 hour 24 minutes 30 seconds

Week to date mileage 24

Month to date mileage 57

Average weekly rate 30.3

Average monthly rate 132

Year to date 1242

Lifetime 9262

A very misty morning so I was in 2 minds whether to bring a camera or not as I really couldn't see much apart from a few feet in front of me. I brought it anyway hoping it might clear a little.

I ran through Horringer farm into Ickworth Park. Imeadiately turning right and into Adkins Wood which was very muddy and it was a case of jumping the puddles in places. Disturbed a large number of deer running through the woods in Lady Katherines Wood I ran as far as Ivy Cottage before returning back to the lake at Lady Herveys Wood.

I went over the pontoon bridge to the Summer House at the Canal Lake and then tppk the pathway through the centre of Ickworth Park. It was busier than normal as the park was holding an annual wood sale. Vans and trailers were descending on the park to stack up with winter supplies.

The mist never did clear and I returned home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark