Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Norton, Hunston, Stowlangtoft Suffolk

Share


9am 11 miles in 1 hour 32 mins 6 seconds

Week to date mileage 11

Month to date mileage 75

Average weekly rate 30.3

Average Monthly rate 132

Year to Date 1260

Life time 9280

For todays run I parked the car at the Dog at Norton. Norton is a village about 6 miles to the East of Bury St Edmunds close to the train line and the A14 about 2 miles from Thurston. The weather was misty with a drizzle and was not the greatest day for a long run.

I set of towards Rookery Farm before taking the pathway along Church Lane. Arriving at St Andrews Church my original plan had been to take a farm track past the Old Rectory across farm land direct to Stowlangtoft. However I soon went wrong and it is only after wards that I realise where I actually ran.

I ran to the right of St Andrews Church and so quickly emerged on the Ashfield Road. Here I turned left and quickly arrived at the small hamlet of Norton Little Green. Here there are 2-3 farms and many horses.

I soon picked up a left turn along a minor road which took me through the hamlet of Hunston Green. Keeping fairly straight along this road I arrived at a beatiful village called Hunston. From here I had a difficult choice either to carry on to Badwell Ash, visit Langham or keep along the main road to Stowlangtoft. I chose the latter as the weather wasn't great.

On reaching Stowlangtoft after 45 minutes of running I decided the church of St George would be the end of my venture and my returning point. It was a pitty the weather wasn't great as it prevented me seeing the surroundings to their best effect but there is no doubt this is a beautiful area.

I returned by the same route arriving back a little quicker and having time to venture a little through Norton on the Ickworth Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark