Sunday, June 18, 2006

Lt Whelnetham Line Walk

Share





7.30am 11 miles in 1 hour 30 minutes 43 seconds

Week to date mileage 31

Month to date mileage 84

Average weekly rate 31.7

AverageMonthly rate 137

Year to Date 765

Life time 8543

Set out early to avoid the heat and to do a long run. I have had to bin my New Balance 854's after only 241 miles!. The wear on the outer heals had removed all trace of the black rubber/carbon tread and I was running on the mid sole. What a bad buy!

I over pronate when I run so I always have to buy shoes which have strong outer heels but also suit high arches. This doesn't always appear easy and the information I receive in shops and on web suits often seems to contradict. Oh well it means buying a new pair this week.

I ran out along the Sicklesmere Road A 134 and was noticable this morning was the sheer number of motor bikes riding up and down this stretch for some unknown reason but it looked impressive.

Once into Sicklesmere I picked up a track to take me to the Line Walk. This is a stretch of the old dismantled railway line which used to run between Bury St Edmunds and Sudbury. It is now a beautiful walk or run in my case! You can still imagine the railway running down here even though no trains have done so for nearly 40 years.

The grass was very long in places but perfectly runnable and was carpeted in ox eye daisys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark