Saturday, October 15, 2005

Hawstead to Gt Whelnetham Suffolk

Share

















10.30apm 8.6 miles in 1 hour 13 minutes

.Year to date mileage 1028

Month to date 78 miles

Average miles per month 109

Average weekly rate 25

Weather: A warm autumn day as the morning mist lifted.

Course: Hawstead Village is about 3 miles south of Bury St Edmunds. I parked in the car park next to the swings. The picture showing the grass field and road on the road is right in the centre of the village. For a Saturday being perhaps the busiest day of the week there was hardly a soul to be seen.

I started running out towards Lawshall but changed my mind as the road was a little too windy and this was a main road. Although there were'nt many cars I didn't feel comfortable. Si I returned and found another path along Bell Lane.

Bell's Lane leads up hill towards Gt Whelnetham. At Bell's Lane farm I managed to find a pathway across fields though the ground was rather sticky and stuck to my Saucony Trigon responsive shoes.

At Gt Whelnethum I took a path which takes you along side the grounds of the Gt Whelnethum Halland up Cocks Green lane to Cocks Green. I returned back to Hawstead.

The picture of the building shows some almshouses erected by a Philip Metcalfe

1 comment:

  1. sounds like an ideal run, just started driving out to various points to start running myself.Somedays it's tough going down the same front path to the gate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark