Wednesday, October 26, 2005

West Suffolk Athletics Track Bury St Edmunds

Share

6.30pm 6 miles in 46mins 2seconds

Year to date mileage 1067

Month to date 117 miles

Average miles per month 108

Average weekly rate 25.0

Weather: Dry breezy

Tonights track session under the floodlights was 2 sets of 5 times 3.45 around the track with a 1 minute recovery in between and a full 7 minutes between each two sets.

At first 3.45 seemed an odd time to run but it actually worked very well. If you run 2 laps in 3.45 you are running 7.30 pace for the mile. I was pleased with the session as I managed to keep a consistent pace for all 10 runs running slightly further than 2 laps but usually completing 2 laps in 3.30 which is 7 minute mile pace.This is way beyond my race pace which is more like 7.50- 8 minute miles so I probably ran it a bit too quickly but I generally felt comfortable with the pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark