Friday, October 21, 2005

Horringer Farm Suffolk

Share
3.pm 5.5 miles in 42min 44 secs.

Year to date mileage 1039

Month to date 89 miles

Average miles per month 108

Average weekly rate 24.7

Weather: A warm autumn day with a nice breeze.

Course : Takes me along fields near by Horringer Court/School near to great Horringer Hall and then over to Lord Herveys Wood up and down Westley lane and return home through Horringer Court.

I have had a head cold this week so haven't run since Sunday . So with some trepidation I ran this thinking it might be too soon to venture out. As it turned out I felt fine and I ran a pb for this course. I suppose it was a bit like tapering for a race though I certainly didn't run at race pace today.

As a regular course for me it is great to see the change of seasons and the work the farmers are doing at Horringer. You can see from the photo that half a field has been ploughed before presumably the recent wet weather prevented any further work.

The ground was slippery running up hill and my New Balance 1060 failed really to get any grip on the ploughed fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark