Monday, July 30, 2007

West Suffolk Athletics Track Bury St Edmunds

Share
6.15pm 6 miles in 48 mind 19 seconds

Week to date mileage 6 miles

Month to date mileage 120

Average weekly rate 29.8 miles

Average monthly rate 129

Year to date 898

Lifetime 10491

I am no longer a Monday virgin!. My first Monday session at the track coincided with an awards ceremony for the younger Saint Edmund Pacers. Liz Yelling was there to present awards. One of the UK’s finest female athletes, Liz was a member of the Athens Olympic team and is one of the top UK marathon runners. She achieved a bronze medal at the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne. Unfortunately I was unaware of this event so I didn't have my camera with me .

I warmed up with 5 laps before the session. Monday sessions tend to be shorter and faster sessions and from what I recall we did the following:

3 0r 4 ? sets of 45 seconds x 4 at 5k pace with a shortening recovery in between. So for the first set we had a 1.15 recovery in between the 4 bursts of 45 seconds and this reduced each set to a minute then 45 seconds and for the last just 30 seconds.

At my pace 45 seconds enabled me to run 200 metres for each interval.

After a good session I warmed down with 5 laps of the track and a run home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark