Wednesday, November 29, 2006

West Suffolk Athletics Track

Share
6.15pm 7.3 miles in 57 mins 39 secs

Week to date mileage 13 miles

Month to date mileage 113

Average weekly rate 30 miles

Average monthly rate 130

Year to date 1427

Lifetime 9447

I ran to the track and warmed up with 4 laps. Tonights session consisted of 2 sets of 4 x 3 mins with a minute recovery in between each interval. At the end of this we ran a mile time trial which was a test of consistency trying to keep to the same pace that we had run the 3 min intervals.

I don't think I did as well as I could for the mile. After the 2 sets I was a little tired and chose to sit in behind other runners for the first 3 laps and felt comfortable. With some spare energy in the tank I chose to break with 300 metres to go but this is not good tactics for me as I lack any sprint pace and I was caught by the same runners before the finish. I should have put in a more consistent regularly effort throughout.

Still it was good to run the mile even if my time was poor, I ran 7.10.

A couple of laps warm down and a run home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark