Saturday, July 01, 2006

Horsecroft and Nowton Park nr Bury St Edmunds

Share





8am 11.5 miles in 1 hour 32mins 10 seconds

Week to date mileage 29

Month to date mileage 11.5

Average weekly rate 31.9

Average Monthly rate 138

Year to Date 828

Life time 8606

Another beautiful warm morning. I decided to set of along the Horsecroft Roadwith the intention of running out to Hawstead, however I changed my mind when I reached Horsecroft Farm and instead took a farm track to the right.

I ran along this track as far as a place called the Hopleys and I was going to continue on to Horringer through a gate but it was so overgrown with stinging nettles that I decided against it and retraced my steps back to the Horsecroft Road.

I decided to take when of my field paths over Horsecroft Farm as you can see from the photo the path is somwehat overgrown with wheat but it was fine to run through. You soon pick up the Bury to Clare footpath and then arrive out on a minor road near Nowtoncourt farm.

I then decided to have a short run in Nowton Park and a trip to the maze. Its years since I have last attempted it. There is a high gate to unlock and I ran in boldly thinking this would be a simple maze and I would easily find my way out. Well after a while the heat was rising and I was running into many deadends and beginning to get a little uncomfortable. In the end I have to admit I cheated. I could see the main gate through a section of hedge which is opposite but has obviously been weakened by many others who like me have taken a short cut.

After this panic over I returned home.

I watched a very disappointing quarter final of the world cup between England and Portugal. It was only a matter of time before the poor squad selection caught up with Sven. The failure to take any fit strikers was absoloutely crazy and must never be forgiven. Defoe and Bent should both have been in the squad and we would still tbe there now.

Anyway I soon got over the disappointment and I instantly erased it from the memory as I went to watch the Taming of the Shrew in the Abbey Gardens. This was really good and the weather was just perfect for an outdoor performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark