Sunday, July 30, 2006

Beetons Way Hill Session Bury St Edmunds

Share
5pm 5 miles in 41 mins 45 secs

Week to date mileage 33

Month to date mileage 142

Average weekly rate 31.8

AverageMonthly rate 138

Year to Date 958

Life time 8736

Left my run late today and I nearly didn't venture out at all. However I set out with the purpose of doing a circular run around Fornham but changed my mind and opted instead for a hill session.
My recent stock take of the year showed that I am avoiding the hills so I thought it was time to hit this head on.

I ran up to County Upper School and returned to Beetons Way and it was only then that I decided to do some hills. Initially feeling tired I didn't record my times for the first 5 intervals so I only have 5 times for my interval climbs which were as follows

55 secs, 56 secs, 54 secs, 53 secs and last one a quick 47 seconds. I picked my feet up on the last one concentrating on shorter steps and this seemed to lead to a quicker time. I ran back down the hill in about the same time giving me a minute recovery each time.

Below - The view along Westley Rd towards the Gibralter Barracks.




Below - This is Beetons Way looking down the hill. Ok it isn't the biggest of hills but it is steep enough to give you about 50 seconds of fun running up it!




Below - The view up Beetons Way Hill Bury St Edmunds.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark