Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Chevington to Ousden via Hargrave Suffolk

Share





2.30 pm 8 miles in 1 hour 4 minutes 40 seconds

Week to date mileage 17.2

Month to date mileage 61

Average weekly rate 31.7

Average Monthly rate 138

Year to Date 461

Life time 8239

I am off work this week and in between filling a skip of garden rubble I am taking the opportunity to visit more of Suffolks beautiful villages. Today I drove out about 7 miles west to the village of Chevington. I parked near the Tan Office Green post office and set of with the intention of running to Ousden. Ousden is a village that I nearly reached on Monday's run from Barrow.

I chose to run mostly all along the road and they were very quiet and there was no problem with traffic. At the Greyhound Pub I turned left and headed downhill and then back up hill to Hargrave. As I visited Hargrave on Monday there was a natural progression to todays run and I knew my way through this village.

I turned right and then left to pick up the Ousden Road. There is an uphill section here to reach Lady's Green before arriving into Ousden. At Ousden I took photos of some nice glass in the windows of the local methodist church, a kite stuck in some telephone lines and best of all the important health and safety notice on the local village hall!

I ran past the Fox public house and reached Park farm on the road to Ashley before turning around. On my return I did venture off road at Broad Green Farm and folowed a sticky footpath by a stream. However my time ran out and I needed to return to Chevington Village and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark