Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Bury St Edmunds Town Centre

Share




2.30pm 7.5 miles in I hour

Week to date mileage 15

Month to date mileage 124

Average weekly rate 31.6

Average Monthly rate 137

Year to Date 524

Life time 8302

Another run around Bury St Edmunds. As it was market day it was fairly busy and I avoided
the town centre. This was still room for one or two put downs. A couple near McDonalds dressed in matching fashion track suits passed by and as they did so I was taking a photo of the Kings Arms Pub. He commented to his partner loud enough so I was meant to hear "I don't know why they run if they think they are trying to impress us they should know it just doesn't work. " His partner just said "Yes dear".

The week after the London Marathon there are always a few remarks lobbed in your direction from people who may have watched some of the event and assume that you are suddenly starting to run. This week I have had Keep going, only 26 miles to go ... and today I had Keep running you will soon be at the Cutty Sark. At least that was an original comment.

In the Abbey Gardens I took a picture of one of the most filmed sites that of the Abbots Bridge which is reguarly seen as a postcard from Bury St Edmunds.

The Norman Tower is shown at the end of one of the road in one of the pictures in this update. For along time there were many complaints against the road planners as this is a one way road system which means you never drive towards the Norman Tower only away from it.

I also ran through the cemetary though I was in two minds as to whether I should. In the end it was fine and I didn't encounter any funerals in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark