Wednesday, June 06, 2007

West Suffolk Athletics Track Bury St Edmunds

Share
6.15pm 6.2 miles in 49 mins 21 mins

Week to date mileage 12 miles

Month to date mileage 32

Average weekly rate 29.6 miles

Average monthly rate 129

Year to date 664

Lifetime 10257

I ran down to the athletics track for tonights Saint Edmund Pacers club session. I warmed up with a further 5 laps before the session proper.

Being as there is a fair amount of racing at present the session tonight was a short one consisted of 4 x 2.5 minutes with a min recovery in between. There then followed a time trial over 3k distance which is about 7.5 laps of the track. Not a distance I have run before.It requires a lot of concentration in the middle section as the mind begins to wander and before you know it you have lost focus on the run. At the start you can go off to quickly and then pay the price and then there is the challenge at the end with some who have saved a bit for a kick finish.

I think my time was about 13.20 which is 7.09 pace which is ok but I think I can do better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark