Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Great Horringer Hall Farm Suffolk

Share
5.30pm 6 miles in 50 mins 01 mins

Week to date mileage 6 miles

Month to date mileage 26

Average weekly rate 29.5 miles

Average monthly rate 128

Year to date 657

Lifetime 10250

I wanted to make use of my Inov 8 Roclite shoes today as I haven't used them that much since I bought them. They are studded and suited to off road but a lot of my runs combined the 2 surfaces of road and field and I am not so sure of doing to much running with the Inov 8's over harder surfaces. So I almost have to plan an off road run to make more use of them

My run today was 40 mins off road and 5 minutes getting to the fields at Great Horringer Hall. I decided on 2 laps of the outskirts of this farmland following I believe permitted pathways, at least no one has ever said any different. I ran the first anti clockwise and the 2nd lap clockwise.
The path takes you in front of the Great Horringer Hall farm and runs parallel to the Westley Lane. Noticeable today was the amount of plant and weed growth which meant many of the pathways had to be waded through. Wearing shorts I had no protection from the amount of thistles which were a little scratchy and itchy but at least I avoided the stinging nettles.

Poppies were abundant in the field of oilseed rape where the bright yellow flowers have long gone to be replace by millions of oilseed pods.

A low flying helicopter of a military type buzzed low over the field which was unusual and caused me to try and take a picture.

A good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark