Wednesday, June 27, 2007

West Suffolk Athletics Track Bury St Edmunds

Share
5pm 6.4 miles in 49.30 mins

Week to date mileage 12.4 miles

Month to date mileage 131

Average weekly rate 30 miles

Average monthly rate 130

Year to date 763

Lifetime 10356

The weather looked ominous as I headed out of doors to run down to the track. I wore my 2nd pair of running shoes I got from Do Running a pair of Reebok Premier Road Plus III . I like to alternate and have 2 pair of shoes on the go at any one time.

At the track tonight it was fairly quiet do the weather and road traffic problems. I warmed up with 5 laps of the track.

The session tonight I found tough and I think it was a challenging set of intervals but my lack of regular attendance makes track work harder when I do go.

At 10k we ran 3.5 minutes (30 seconds recovery) followed by 3 mins (30 seconds recovery) and then a 400 metres lap at 1500 pace followed by 2.5 minute (30 seconds recovery) and finally 2 minutes. With a 3 min recovery in between and then we repeated the whole set again.

For me it was the 400 metre in the middle which did for me. It takes you out of your comfort zone in the middle of the set and I managed to get a bit of a stitch.

We managed to avoid the rain until the 2nd set and virtually the last 2 minute when there was a heavy shower meaning no one hung around and few did any warm down.

Perhaps the highlight of the night was when the rest of us had stopped the lead group got confused on the instructions and were flying past us on a much longer interval then the rest of us before being told the error of their ways.

A run home in the steady rain and I was pleased to get in doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark