Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sudbury Suffolk

Share
5pm 6 miles in 50 mins

Week to date mileage 6 miles

Month to date mileage 125

Average weekly rate 29.9 miles

Average monthly rate 130

Year to date 756

Lifetime 10349

Tonight I visited Sudbury for a short run around the town centre and the common land meadows. I parked in the free car park in the centre of the town which gives you 3 hours free parking which is great for visitors and local business.

I wore my new shoes that arrived in the post on Monday with a free t shirt. Again excellent service from Do Running and as good as Joe Jogger but with a free t shirt! The shoes I am trying are Reebok Premier Ultra III's at £29.99 knocked down from £59.99 so a bit of a gamble as to whether they will last and provide support but at this price worth a go.

I headed through town and past the home of Sudbury's most famous son Thomas Gainsborough. There is a museum to visit and a statue in the town centre.


I headed out to the common land land meadows which run besides the River Stour and the old mill house.


From here you have bit of a runners paradise with a great route along the old railway line to Long Melford if you wish. However I chose today a run around the common lands and well and truly inducted my shoes there being plenty of grazing cows.

There were a number of boys fishing but the type of fishing where you hope for a quantity of small roach and perch for the fun, 1-2 dog walkers and plenty of cows. Cows have more curiosity than cats its their expression which is a give a way. I have been followed more than once when on a run as they try and keep pace with you in expectation of something.

Once again much to see and photo around Sudbury and I will add pictures to my flickr site in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark