Saturday, January 13, 2007

Share
1.15pm 5 miles in 42 mins 32 seconds

Week to date mileage 26 miles

Month to date mileage 59

Average weekly rate 31.9 miles

Average monthly rate 139

Year to date 59

Lifetime 9652

Warmed up with a jog for about a mile before venturing down to the bottom of Beetons Way for a hill training session, my first of 2007. I want to increase the amount of hill training I do in 2007. Its something I have neglected and feel this is a quality session, that really improves your running as opposed to the regular plodding out which I tend to do on some of my regular runs.

However there is no doubt that this is a tough session and something which is easily avoided with 101 reasons not to do it. However today I did what I intended and ran a set of 5 long hills and 5 short hill runs with a jog down hill recovery.


I started with a short climb which starts from the first lamp post after you emerge from under the bridge to head up hill and ends when you reach the first Grey lamp post at the top of the hill.

The long climb is the same as the short but you continue up hill past the mini roundabout keeping to the path until you find an opportunity to move across the road which runs parallel to the sports centre car park which is on your left.


The end of the long climb is when you reach the end of the road just before you enter Beetons Way footpath which runs besides Gibraltar Barracks.

My times were

short hills 51 sec, 48 sec, 46 sec, 47 sec, 50 sec

long hills 2.16,2.21,2.21,2.19,2.21,

My record for the short climb is 46 seconds on 13th Jan 07
The long climb stands at 2.15 on 30th Dec 06

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark